4-H Foresters Challenge Club
For teens that love adventure, the outdoors, and new challenges!
Learn all kinds of outdoor skills—paddling, climbing, hiking, survival skills, caving, and much more! Open to 13-18 yr olds in Ingham, Jackson, and Washtenaw Counties and nearby areas.
Informational Meeting – PowerPoint Presentation and Q&A Session
• Sunday, May 11th, 6-7 p.m.
• Jackson County MSU Extension Office
• 1715 Lansing Ave., Suite 257, Jackson, MI 49202
Upcoming Climbing Trip to Big Bay (about 45 minutes from Marquette)
• May 22-26, 2014
• Climb and rappel rock faces up to about 100 ft high, hike to Bearish Mtn, play in the water at the Yellowdog River, enjoy the Northwoods of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
• Trip fee is $50-$75 depending on the number of club members attending
• Mandatory pre-trip meeting for new members and parents, 7-8 pm after the info session
• Parent chaperones needed
The Jackson County Parks Association is looking for volunteers to help plant flowers inside Cascade Falls Saturday May 10th 9:00am-11:00am. The flower boxes are rota-tilled and ready to plant. Volunteers will meet at 9:00 in the main parking lot at the north side of the falls. Refreshments will be provided. Please contact Rick Sigers if you would like to help: firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 937-3762.