Friday, May 20, 2011

Spotlight on YOUth: Amanda Trudell


We are pleased to share the following YouTube videos, which were produced by one of our long-time Jackson County 4-H'ers, Amanda Trudell. We were also able to catch up with her to find out what she's been up to since graduating high school, and whether or not she's been able to use her 4-H experiences out in the real world. Read on! 
"For 15 years I've been gallivanting about the 4-H community of Jackson County and I absolutely loved every minute of it. My name is Amanda Trudell and 4-H has truly impacted my life.

Supplying me with the utilities to master leadership, communication, and responsibility, I have successfully completed and have been on the Dean's List for four semesters at the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, majoring in Entertainment Arts. I also completed an internship at Epic Motion with a definite “job well done.” I recently earned the Alumni Scholarship where I placed Top Ten out of 90 students. I am continuing to strive for a brighter future mixing my country life with video productions.

I've been a part of the 4-H Young Riders, Proud Equestrian Program, Campbell Clovers, and Country Kids. I've built many great relationships and worked with a large variety of people. In my line of work this becomes particularly important because I often times work with people I've never met before. Then, I must direct a crew clearly and respectfully while not being over-bearing to successfully create great work in a timely manner. 4-H has provided me with opportunities to do this even before I entered the world of videography. This strong background has given me a jump start in a very competitive field. Thank you 4-H! Someday I will be able to return the favor."
Thanks for sharing, Amanda!